DAC-19 ( 10th Anniversary Edition )#
Dedicated discrete single ended DAC with built-in DSP processor
- PCM1704UK & DSP built in
- 32bit / 192K support from USB
- Class A PSUs and Class A analog amps design
- Multi-ply shield boards to isolation the power input socket , transformer, power supplies, digital part and the analog part .
- Fully Discrete design built by discrete analog stages without any OPA and coupling caps in the signal channels .
- Non- feedback ACSS analog output stage
- Large R-core transformers and Hi-fi grade parts like DALE resistors, WIMA caps and OCC wires .
- A total of 5 groups class A parallel mode PSU power supply for all digital and analog circuits.
- 3 digital inputs: USB / Optical / Coaxial RCA & BNC (Please note : The BNC and RCA coaxial socket, users only can connect either at same time .)
- Support up to 192K / 32 BIT through USB
- Best sound SPDIF interface chip DIR9001 built in .
- DAC output: RCA / ACSS
Simple and short signal transfer is best#
The DAC-19 ( 10th Anniversary Edition ) is a fully discrete design. Applies the 2 Pieces Expensive high-end grade PCM1704UK which can support up to 32 Bit / 192KHz through USB / I2S input . The SPDIF input support up to 96K / 24 BIT because we had applied the best sound SPDIF receiver DIR9001 .
Different to other PCM1704UK designs , we applied Non-feedback ACSS analog stages. The PCM1704UK feed to the ACSS analog stages without any OPAs and couple caps so it can avoid sound coloration .
The ACSS is a non-feedback technology made with fully discrete amplifiers. Most people know the global feedback design can offer better specs in test measurements, and classic non-feedback can't do well in test measurements but can offer better sound for the human's ears. Here is a conflict of the classic circuits. But the ACSS opens a new field, it can offer a least coloration sound which is more neutral with very low distortion and high linearity. So it can retain the dynamics, detail and neutral sound but not sound bright or harsh.
The ACSS circuit naturally working in current model and have design current input , it can transfer the PCM1704UK current signal to output and implement the I/V conversion in current model in one ACSS amp . And this ACSS amp only have one current gain stage , the PCM1704UK output signal only through one stage can arrive the output stages .
The shortest signal journey can reproduce the best detail and dynamic, and almost without sound coloration , It can show the real performance of the PCM1704UK.
The output buffers are Non-feedback class A FET design.The output impedance only had 10 ohm.
DAC-19 ( 10th Anniversary Edition ) has built in DSP processor, which is a Two-channel Digital Interpolation Filter and data in-phase processor for digital audio. This Device offers advanced features for high-performance digital signal processing (DSP) applications up to 250-MHz. Data and Master-clock in-phase processing are without jitters. So DAC-19 ( 10th Anniversary Edition ) can offer a clear and focused soundstage, apart from accurate and neutral reproduction of the recorded disc/music.
DAC-19 ( 10th Anniversary Edition ) applies the excellent 2 pcs PCM1704UK and excellent analog output stages, but these are not the only keys of the best sound. The power supply is most important. Even applying the best DA chip and the best amp, if matched to a normal power supply, the total sound may still be average or sound musical, but can't be neutral and detailed. That is why it is easy to find hi-end grade gears maybe without the best chips or amp stages, but with plenteous dedicated DC supply circuits.
The DAC-19 ( 10th Anniversary Edition ) had total Uses 5 groups of high-quality class A parallel connection PSU with dedicated DC supply double-stage PSU, which can offer very clear DC power for the DAC, producing a very black background and neutral sound characteristic. The double-stage PSU is very important for digital parts. Some designs may have very low jitter in theory, but if the power is supplied by a dirty or low-speed power supply, it will increase the jitter and pollute the data, and degrade the sound quality obviously.
The class A parallel connection PSU has very high input impedance to avoid pulse through the PSU from affecting the DAC and low output impedance with very fast speed and high linearity, so it is a very clean power supply. In my experience, its sound is better than battery power supply, better human sound and neutral.
Built in Hi-End grade parts#
DAC-19 ( 10th Anniversary Edition ) have built in most high end grade parts, like the DALE resistors (USA), WIMA caps (Germany) and NOVER parts (UK) .
These parts have through long term practices and consider have least sound coloration .
Built in high end grade parts have not warranty have the good sound , but the best technology design with high end grade parts can have the high ended sound quality .
| S/N Ratio
| Output impedance
| Output Level
| Input Sensitivity
- 0.5 Vp-p(75 Ohms, Coaxial)
- 19 dBm (Optical)
- USB1.0 / 1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0 (The USB speed lower than 2.0, support up to 96K )
| Frequency Response
| Support Operate Systems (USB)
| Support Sampling
- USB and I2S modes: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
- Coaxial and Optical mode: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
| Power Requirement
- Version 1: 100-120V AC 50/60 Hz
- Version 2: 220-240V AC 50/60 Hz
| Power Consumption
| Package Weight
- W240 X L320 X H80 (MM, Fully aluminium
- AC power cord X1
- USB cabl X1